Friday, February 23, 2007

Car Starter

In November last year on my way to work place, I stop at petrol station to buy some sweets. When I try to start my car, I found that the car cannot be started....mmmm. The fist thing that come to my mind, is that this is something to do with the car battery.

May be the batteries already dead because since I bought the car , I haven't replace the batteries yet. So I when back to the petrol station and buy a new batteries. I ask from the petrol boy to replace the battery for me.

After they replace the battery, the car still cannot start !...mmm this must be a serious problem. So I asked the petrol boy what to do. He told me that he can call a workshop nearby. I'm agree with that suggestion.

When the mechanic came, he told me that the car was jamm. He need to check it. So the car has to tow to his workshop..

At the workshop his boss told me that the car's engine was jamm..and I need to do the overhaul !...this will cause me a lot of money. However his mechanic insist that this is the car starter problem.

He just need to change the car starter. So he replace the car starter and finally my car can be started again...and it is not the engine problem !..However it took me 3 hours to replace the car starter and cost me RM550.0

So if you drive a proton waja, if you encounter the same problem check your car starter. The car starter my be jamm. The car starter is a machine that start the ignition of your car when you turn on the car key switch .

It looks like this.



After the ignition, the fly wheel in the car starter will draw back to the car starter. In my case, the car starter fly wheel can draw back and its stuck between the ignition. Thus will stuck the engine pulley and it will look like the engine have the problem. Which actually is not.




So when driving and your car have a problem ask the trusted and sincere mechanic, if not they can charge you a lot of things than unnecessarily.

No comments: