Sunday, February 18, 2007

My gear stuck !

On 11 February I driving my waja to work. After passing a traffic light, I try to shift my gear from gear 1 to gear 2, however I cannot shift the gear...! my car suddenly stuck at the middle of the road !. Luckily I ,there is no car at the back.

I try and try pressing the clutch pedal and suddenly , I managed, to shift the gear...and the I drive my car to the nearest workshop. What a scary experienced.

At the workshop, the mechanic told me that there is a problem with my clutch plate. He said that I have to replace the clutch set. So what I can do huh..!. I have to leave my car the workshop...It took about 6 hours to replace the clutch.

The mechanic told me that he will replace the clutch with a better clutch, brand Daikin. He also told me that proton used Exeedy manufacture to make clutch for proton waja. He suggest that I use Daikin, it's more better. May this is his opinion from his experience. So I have no choice, so I change my clutch with brand Daikin.

When replace a clutch set, you also have to chance clutch plate, clutch cover, clutch bearing, flywheel oil seal and also gear oil. The clutch set cost me RM 350.00, Fly wheel oil seal RM45.00, Gear Oil RM 40.00 and the labour or workmanship cost me RM100.00. Total cost that have gone out from my handbag that day is RM535.00 !. peeu...

So what is the function of the clutch ?. To make you be able to shift the gear, for manual transmission car.

No comments: